JikoniTaste may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article at no extra cost for you.
Every day people create more innovative ways on how to prepare zucchini, they create new taste and flavors however they were able to achieve this because they knew what appliance to use for chopping zucchini.
You can make use of a utility knife in slicing your zucchini into halves or if you want to be more creative go for a machine chopping appliance like the food processor to chop and for shredding zucchini. Compare to cutting Zucchini with a knife, the food processor will bring a bit of art in your Zucchini dish.
HOW DO YOU SHRED ZUCCHINI WITHOUT A GRATER?
Shredding zucchini without a grater might not give you the desired result but since you want some help, I could suggest a few tips you could use as an alternative. You can use a chop board and a utility knife to gently slice through the zucchini horizontally, after that cut the thin sliced zucchini into smaller cubes, this will take a bit of time to finish, if you do not have a box grater, use a food processor, and it is much faster than a knife.
HOW TO USE A FOOD PROCESSOR TO CHOP VEGETABLES
There are many reasons why you should have a food processor in your daily cooking routine. Using a food processor will save you time and energy; it will also save you from cuts from a traditional knife. On how to use a food processor to chop vegetable:
- Wash the vegetable properly in your kitchen sink with running water
- Put the washed vegetable in a bowl on the kitchen table
- Use a knife to cut off unwanted parts of the vegetable especially the bad edges or the head and tail end.
- Chop the vegetable into sizes that will fit into the food processor depending on what you want to prepare
- Plug your food processor into an electric outlet and put in your chopped and sliced vegetables into the food processor; make sure the lid is properly closed before turning on the appliance.
- Place your hand on the top of the food processor why the appliance is on.
Note: some food processors come with adjustable blades for different chopping purposes. Use blades that suit vegetables for the desired result. Also, know that the food processor gives a consistent cutting size to the vegetable at a much faster rate effortlessly.
WHAT APPLIANCE TO USE FOR CHOPPING ZUCCHINI
Chopping Zucchini shouldn’t be stressful anymore. You can now comfortably chop, slice and dice your Zucchini to your desired shape and prepare your favorite recipe.
Below are the best 4 appliances you can use for chopping Zucchini;
- Briefton 10 Blade Spiralizer Zucchini Chopping Appliance
- Mueller Multi- Blade Spiralizer Zucchini Chopper
- Kalokelvin Vegetable Slicer Zucchini Spiral Appliance
- Sboly Vegetable Slicer Zucchini Spaghetti Chopping Appliance
BRIEFTONS STRONGEST HEAVIEST VEGETABLE SPIRAL SLICER
This is one of the best appliances to use for chopping Zucchini. We highly recommend it for spiralizing apple, carrot, cabbage, onions, potato, squash, bell pepper and beet.
The Brieftons Spiralizer has 10 blades that can make 2mm angel hair noodles, 3mm spaghetti, 3mm tagliatelle, 6mm Linguine, 12mm Pappardelle, wide ribbon slices, Lasagna, fine ridged pasta, crinkle chips, and thick sized curly fries.
The catch container of this Zucchini appliance can catch spiralized vegetables while the container has low height that captures spiralized contents minimizing mess on your countertop.
We highly recommend this Zucchini Lasagna Noodle maker that is easy to clean and easy to use!
MUELLER MULTI-BLADE SPIRAL, VEGETABLE PASTA MAKER AND MANDOLINE SLICER
What appliance to use for chopping Zucchini is here, this is the best Zucchini Lasagna noodle maker and best spiralizer on the market. The Mueller Spiralizer appliance for Zucchini is excellent for making veggie pasta for healthy meals.
This is the easiest Zucchini choppers to use. It is made from BPA free Professional Grade Heavy duty reinforced food grade ABS for superior break resistance.
This Zucchini lasagna noodle appliance is great for cutting and shredding ordinary vegetables and fruits making them into exciting spirals, ribbons, noodles, and chips.
VEGETABLE SLICER 4 IN 1 BLADES VEGGIE SPIRALIZER
This is a compact, convenient, and a great workhorse Zucchini appliance that has a switch control with four blades that controls your vegetables to your desired style.
This Zucchini Lasagna noodle maker is perfect for making healthy veggies pasta meals such as apple, onion, cabbage, carrot beet, cucumber, potato, sweet potato etc.
It is made up of high-quality food grade material, it is dishwasher safe, easy to use as this vegetable slicer works well for veggies noodles.
The Spiral attachment can shred Zucchini into pasta-like shape if you are still asking what appliance to use for chopping Zucchini, try this Veggie Spiralizer Zucchini Spiral Noodle Pasta MAKER!
THE SBOLY ZUCCHINI MAKER VEGETABLE SPIRALIZER SLICER
This is a great appliance for chopping Zucchini as you can prepare your veggies in no time. This is a must have gadget in your Kitchen, it is super easy to use and efficient.
Turn your favorite vegetables into an impressive looking absorbable Spiral Zucchini noodles maker, this answers the question of what appliance to use for chopping Zucchini.
It is safe to use, easy to clean, you can meet all your needs with the 5 blades vegetables Spiralizer. The 2mm blade can make the smallest strips, the 3mm blade can make spaghetti, the 5mm blade can make fettuccine, the 5.5mm blade can make curly fries and flat blade to make ribbons.
We highly recommend this Best Veggie Spiralizer / Slicer.
HOW TO MINCE VEGETABLES WITH FOOD PROCESSOR
A food processor is an appliance used to facilitate repetitive task in preparation of food. A food processor adds speed to your cooking and makes chopping of vegetables easy no matter the volume. If you are a food lover and love to be creative in cooking then a food processor is a must have for you. Knowing how to mince vegetables with food processor is quite easy.
If you can use other household appliances such as microwave, blender, food mill, meat grinder, etc then you can comfortably use a food processor. This is how to mince vegetables with a food processor;
- Place your vegetables in the kitchen sink and wash them thoroughly. You do not want to mince dirty vegetables.
- If your vegetables require peeling like carrots, peel them thoroughly. If there are brownish black spots on the carrots, use a paring knife and carefully peel them off. You do not want to see brownish black spots in your minced vegetables.
- If your vegetables have ends such as carrots, broccoli, garlic and onions then cut off the ends.
- Place your vegetables on a cutting board and chop them into smaller pieces so that it will easily fit into the food processor. You can cut your vegetables in chunks but it has to be 1 to 2 inches long. Anything more than this might not fit into the food processor.
- Place your chunk-sized pieces of vegetables into the food processor opening.
- Place the lid on the food processor and make sure it’s properly closed.
- Based on how finely you want the vegetables, turn the food processor to the appropriate setting.
- While the food processor is running, place one hand on the food processor button and use your other hand to hold the top of the food processor closed.
- When your vegetables are chopped to your desired thickness, turn off the food processor setting.
- Use a spatula (rubber to be precise) to remove the vegetables from the food processor.
- Wash your food processor thoroughly by hand with warm soapy water.
HOW TO SHRED ZUCCHINI IN A VITAMIX
The last time I prepared zucchini bread, I used a food processor to chop and shred but didn’t really get my desired result. It was rather fine than shredded. I decided to use it that way to prepare zucchini bread. Yes, it was tasty but I would have preferred it shredded. Few weeks later, my mother visited and requested for zucchini bread.
I wanted to get things right this time so I decide to use my Vitamix so that I get my desired consistency. Guess what? My zucchini came out shredded. I couldn’t help but grin when I saw the nice-looking shredded zucchini in my Vitamix.
Finally, I made delicious zucchini bread for my mum. Apart from shredding, I use Vitamix for chopping, making a green smoothie, fruit smoothie, and puree food for my baby. If you want to know how to shred zucchini in a Vitamix follow the steps below:
- Wash the zucchini thoroughly. If you prefer it peeled then off peel the skin.
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini then slice it in half. Slicing it in half will make it easy for you to work with.
- Scoop out the matured seed in the centre and get ready to chop.
- Chop the pieces into a two-inch square and place them into the Vitamix. Chopping them will make shredding easy.
- Place your chopped zucchini into the Vitamix and place the lid.
- Turn your Vitamix on the lower setting and allow it to shreds. If your zucchini is looking too chunky, you can change the settings.
HERB CHOPPER ELECTRIC
I Know that this article is about “what appliance to use for chopping Zucchini, let’s look closely at the herb chopper Electrical appliances.
A herb chopper is simply a cooking tool or machine designed specifically for the chopping of fresh herbs. We have various types, designs of herb choppers available today.
These herb choppers have nicely designed stainless steel blades that is capable of slicing or chopping the herbs.
Another form of herb chopper is the Food Processor. A natural cutting wooden board paired with a knife can be seen as a herb chopper.
Just as we have Electric herb choppers, we also have the manual herb choppers, both do the same thing. Although the Electric herb chopper saves time and energy.
Herb choppers can chop fresh herbs, vegetables, fruits, cheese, and cold meat. You can also create smoothies with immersion or nutribullet blenders, dips, and add flavors to any meal.
A good example of the Manual Herb Choppers is seen below;
CUISIPRO HERB CHOPPER
This herb Cuisipro chopper can fit comfortably on your hand, has a 6.7-ounce capacity. Perfect for chopping fresh herbs and reduces the bruising of leaves. Easy to disassemble, clean, lightweight, and have a safety lock to prevent injury.
Lets now look at the best Electrical herb choppers below;
ELECTRIC VEGETABLE CHOPPER
This is a heavy-duty commercial herb chopper that is perfect for the following fiber vegetables like leeks, shallot, asparagus, celery, bamboo shoots, green onions, spinach, potatoes, carrots, garlic, ginger, pumpkin, melon, cabbage, lettuce, spinach, eggplant, fungus, peanuts, vermicelli and so on.
It is Removable, easy to clean and has a strong copper motor.
HAMILTON BEACH FOOD PROCESSOR
This versatile food processor is BPA free, dishwasher safe bowl lids, and blades. I highly recommend this great appliance not just for herb chopping but also for peanut butter.
MINI FOOD PROCESSOR ELECTRIC VEGETABLE FRUIT 300W GRINDER
This is an efficient fast food Processor that is perfect for herb chopping. Easily chops your veggies when you don’t want to use your hands.
It is compact, easy to handle, and can grind meat. Cleaning is easy, we highly recommend this herb chopper as it’s of great value for money.
You can easily chop and mince ingredients, it is not complicated to put together. It is durable, great for Onions, ginger, garlic, chilies, tomatoes, and small herbs.
ELECTRIC VEGETABLES SLICER AND DICER
Electric vegetable slicer and dicer make the presentation of veggies easy by slicing, chopping, mincing or grinding vegetables to make cooking fast and easy.
The Electric vegetable slicer and dicer appliance help in saving time, returning balance to your busy schedule. The electric vegetable slicer and dicer have a high-powered motor that ensures a great performance always.
Here are the 4 best electric vegetable choppers for slicing and dicing;
BLACK + DECKER ELECTRIC FOOD CHOPPER
This high-quality electric vegetable slicer and dicer by Black & Decker have very sharp blades with long-lasting performance. It has two capacities; 1.5 cup capacity and 3 cup capacity.
Clean up is a breeze, simple to use and dishwasher safe. It is also a One touch Pulse Control that makes chopping simple.
Finally, it is perfect for chopping fresh herbs, breadcrumbs, fruits, veggies and chocolate.
BLACK + DECKER MULTI-PREP SLICE N’ DICE FOOD PROCESSOR
It has a powerful processing motor of 150W, you can use this food processor to chop, slice, shred, and grate your vegetables easily. Buy this Black and Decker Food Processor.
PRESTO PROFESSIONAL SALAD SHOOTER ELECTRIC SLICER/SHREDDER
This Professional Salad Shooter quickly slices or shreds vegetables, fruits, cheese, and more. The Presto Electric Vegetable slicer and Dicer have a professional size, power, speed, and capacity.
It has an amazing funnel that shoots out thick slices, accessories for ripple cuts.
CUISINART DLC – 2ABC MINI PREP FOOD PROCESSOR
The Cuisinart Electric vegetable slicer and dicer is a perfect little helper for small food preparation from chopping herbs to grinding hard cheese. It has a remarkable auto reversing smart blade that processes both soft and hard foods in the 24-ounce bowl.
This electric vegetable slicer and dicer is easy to clean and has removable dishwasher safe parts. It can chop, grind, puree, emulsify and blend food easily.
Furthermore, chop herbs, onions, garlic, grind spices, puree baby foods, blend mayonnaise and flavored butters.
Save space in your kitchen with this best Cuisinart Electric vegetable slicer and dicer!