I am Victoria, I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
If you care about someone, learning to make chocolate hearts without molds will be a good way to express how you feel about them especially during valentine.
Making chocolate hearts without molds isn’t difficult at all, doing it yourself gives room for you to pour out those love words into the chocolate heart-shaped mold. Remember this could be once a year so you want to make it count.
Now it is time to bring your words to live and you will make those chocolate heart without molds.
HOW TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE MOLD AT HOME
Making a chocolate mold at home is easy as long as you have all the needed kitchen tools.
- Buying and melting your chocolate: for this homemade chocolate mold we are going to be focusing on the chocolate chips and bars as they are cheaper and stable, they can be easily microwaved.
- Microwave the chocolate: Put one pound of chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and allow to heat for a minute. Stir the chocolate in the bowl and heat it up again, stir until smooth.
- Molding your melted chocolate: when going for a plastic candy mold, always go for a clear one, this will make it easy for you to tell when your chocolate is ready.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the mold: To do this effectively, you will need a squeeze bottle. After filling your squeeze bottle with the melted chocolate, now gentle fill the clear plastic cavities with the melted chocolate and ensure that the cavities are properly filled.
- Place mold in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes: place your mold in freezer to cool off. This is where it becomes solid.
- Removing the chocolate from the mold: check to see if the chocolate is properly dried before removing it from the mold tray.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE HEARTS FOR DECORATING
There are limitless way in which you can decorate your chocolate hearts, this is why am honoured to mention the work of Tessa Arias of https://www.handletheheat.com/easy-chocolate-cupcake-decorating/. She made it fun and easy by using simple ingredient and a squeeze bottle.
Melting, decorating, or dipping chocolate, melted and no cocoa butter
DIRECTIONS FOR PIPED DESIGN CHOCOLATE MOLD
First thing you should do is to use a printable guide inserted into a sheet protector.
pour the tempered chocolate to a squeeze bottle. Hold bottle about 1-inch above the sheet then squeeze gently, tracing the designers. Squeeze with even pressure for the chocolate to align properly with the traced design.
Fill any gaps with the tip of a toothpick. Allow the chocolate to set completely in the fridge, about 15 minutes, before gently peeling and placing on your cupcakes.
FOR SHAPED DESIGN
Scoop chocolate onto a small sheet of parchment paper and spread the chocolate out evenly with an offset spatula, keeping about a 1-inch border on all edges. Pick up and drop the parchment on the counter gently. Sprinkle with sprinkles decorations or finely chopped candy probably heart shaped.
Allow the chocolate to get dry but a bit flexible. square off all the edges with a knife. Cut into you desired shape. allow the chocolate to set and harden for a few more minutes before continuing with the shapes.
Finally allow the chocolate to set completely in the fridge, about 15 minutes, before gently peeling and placing on your cupcakes.
READ ALSO: IS SILICONE BAKEWARE DISHWASHER SAFE?
MAKING CHOCOLATE HEARTS WITHOUT MOLDS
Everyone loves chocolates, it makes a perfect gift for various occasions. A common chocolate gift idea is the chocolate heart shaped recipe given to a loved one to express your commitment and gratitude towards them.
However, we sometimes don’t want to use the common silicone baking chocolate heart shaped mold for making chocolate. We want to try something new and innovative making the chocolate unique.
Hence the question on how to make chocolate hearts without a mold. The steps below are the simplest steps on making chocolate hearts without molds;
Just before I list the ingredients and materials needed to make chocolate hearts without a mold, you can use a foil paper combined with a heart shaped metal or an empty plastic soft drink bottle like; coke or limca for designing a heart shaped mold you can use for making chocolate.
This recipe is budget friendly as you don’t get to spend so much in making chocolate hearts without molds.
Materials; Get 1 Liter of Limca or Coke Plastic Bottle and a Glass Bowl for mixing.
STEP 1; Use a sharp knife to cut out about 6cm of the 1 Liter of Limca or Coke Plastic Bottle.
STEP 2; The cut out 6cm plastic material should be folded into a heart shaped design.
STEP 4; Add into the Glass bowl any chocolate of your choice, break the chocolate bar into pieces or use a grater to render the chocolate bar into smaller bits.
STEP 6; Add a little butter into the mixture and stir thoroughly until smooth.
STEP 7; Rub a little butter on the inside of the plastic shaped heart limca or coke bottle. Place an aluminum plate underneath this plastic heart shaped design.
STEP 8; Carefully transfer the mixed chocolate into the plastic heart-shaped design and place it in the refrigerator for 3 hours before eating.
READ ALSO: ROUND BAKING PAN WITH HOLE IN MIDDLE
MELTING CHOCOLATE FOR MOLDS
I am going to highlight the two best ways of melting chocolate for molds. Secondly, we can’t talk about melting chocolate without mentioning how to temper chocolate.
If you want to make tasty chocolate candies, you need to know how to properly melt and temper the chocolate.
Actually, the key to making chocolate candies is tempering chocolate. Whenever, chocolate is properly tempered, when cooled, it will have a shine and have a slight snap when broken.
Furthermore, when you temper chocolate properly, it will shrink away from the surface of the chocolate candy molds, which aids in easy removal.
MELTING CHOCOLATE FOR MOLDS – DOUBLE BOILER METHOD
Here is how to melt chocolate using the Double Boiler method;
- Place a saucepan half-filled with water over medium heat and cover with a heatproof mixing bowl large enough to snugly rest on the rim of the saucepan, bring water to a simmer.
- Chop a block or bar of chocolate into small pieces.
- Place about 2/3 (two-thirds) of the chopped chocolate into the bowl
- Use a rubber spatula to stir occasionally until the chocolate reaches about 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure that the water in the pan does not boil or you may burn the chocolate.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the pan. Stir in the remaining chocolate.
HOW TO MELT CHOCOLATE FOR MOLDS – MICROWAVE METHOD
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces, place into a glass bowl and heat for 15 seconds and stir
- Continue to heat for 15 seconds and stir until melted. Make sure the chocolate does not smoke, as this will ruin the chocolate.
HOW TO TEMPER CHOCOLATE
- As the chocolate cools to a temperature of about 83°F-84°F, you will see the chocolate start to crystallize(harden) around the outside edge of the bowl.
- Use the rubber spatula to stir the crystallized chocolate into the melted chocolate. If the chocolate is tempered, a knife tip dipped into tempered chocolate will set with a nice shine after 60 seconds in the refrigerator.
USING TEMPERED CHOCOLATE
- Try to be careful not to overheat the chocolate, place the bowl of tempered chocolate over simmering water until the chocolate reaches the ideal working temperature of 88°F-90°F.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE SHAPES
There are various chocolate shapes you can make at the comfort of your home in less than an hour. You can go for heart-shaped chocolate mold, rectangular-shaped chocolate mold, or circular shaped chocolate mold depending on the chocolate shape you decide to go for.
Here are the steps on how to make chocolate shapes;
STEP 1; Take 2 or 3 big dark chocolate bars and grate them into small pieces with a sharp knife.
STEP 2; Take 2 or 3 white chocolate bars and grate them into small pieces with a sharp knife.
STEP 3; Place a stainless steel Pot with little water inside then place on a gas stove.
STEP 4; Place the small chocolate boiling or melting stainless steel pan/pot inside the stainless steel pot with water. Stir the chocolate inside the small double boiler for melting chocolate thoroughly until it turns smooth.
STEP 5; Fill your desired molds with the melted chocolate. You can either use a heart-shaped mold, rectangular or circular mold.
STEP 6; Place the chocolate molds into the refrigerator for about 15 to 30 minutes. Remove the chocolate molds from the refrigerator after 15 to 30 minutes.
STEP 7; Your chocolate shapes are ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE SPHERE WITHOUT MOLD
I am pretty sure you already know how to get your melted chocolate together, that being said, I will just get right into how to make a chocolate sphere without mold.
What do you do when you do not have the traditional chocolate mold to make a sphere, you look around your kitchen and innovate? I am going to mention a simple method I found on BAKE LIKE A PRO YOUTUBE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJz2XxmpUFw)
WHAT YOU NEED
1. Stainless steel ladle
3. Your mixing bowl with your melted chocolate ready
- Use the paintbrush and apply on the inner part of the ladle creating the first layer. Put in freezer for about four minutes.
- Repeat process again to make it a bit thicker and put in freezer again for about 4-6 minutes
- Add another layer according to your preference on how thick you want your sphere to be and put in freezer for about 8-10 minutes
- Use a knife to even the rough edges then use a little heat from a pan to melt the circular edges so you can merge both chocolate spheres together.
Your Chocolate sphere is ready.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE HEARTS WITH A MOLD
Making a chocolate heart with a mold is super easy because you have all the necessary tools need to mold your chocolate.
INGREDIENTS AND TOOLS
- Heart mold
Place a bowl over barely simmering water
Break up chocolate and add to bowl
When chocolate is melted enough, stop the heat and add butter. Stir together until butter is melted mixed with the chocolate.
Brush melted chocolate into the heart shaped tray.
Place in fridge for about 15 minutes
You can choose to add fillings like peanut butter and you can also add some sprinkles.
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE WITHOUT MOLD
These are the ingredients needed to make homemade chocolate without mold.
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
1/8 tsp. instant coffee
Below are simple steps on how to make homemade chocolate without mold in 5 minutes;
STEP 1; Place a stainless steel melting chocolate pot on low heat on an induction stovetop or gas stovetop
STEP 3; Stir slowly the mixture under low heat. After few minutes of low heating and stirring, add ½ tsp. of vanilla essence. Stir again slowly for a few minutes.
STEP 4; Turn off the flame and remove the pan or pot from the stovetop. Get a parchment paper and plastic container.
STEP 5; Add 4 tbsp. of honey into the melted homemade chocolate. For dark chocolate, add 3 tbsp. of honey into the chocolate melting pot, then, stir slowly and thoroughly.
STEP 6; Place droplets of the homemade chocolate into various areas in the plastic bowl. Then cover the droplets of the chocolate with the parchment paper.
STEP 7; Pour the homemade chocolate into the plastic bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes bring it out and use a sharp knife to dissect the homemade chocolate into 4 parts and place in the refrigerator again for another 1 to 2 hours before eating.
READ ALSO: POPOVER PAN VS MUFFIN PAN
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE LOLLIPOPS WITHOUT MOLD
Just as we have various recipes of chocolate, we also have chocolate lollipops. You can prepare chocolate lollipops with molds, but, in regard to the question above, I am going to highlight easy steps on how you can make chocolate lollipops without a mold.
It is almost the same way in making chocolate hearts without molds just with little differences. Follow the steps below to make your chocolate lollipops without a mold;
STEP 2; Stir occasionally until the chocolate turns smooth.
STEP 3; Draw circles on a piece of baking paper and place lollipops stick on them as they lay flat on a table.
STEP 4; Get a resealable bag, open the resalable bag and place it inside a small glass cup.
STEP 5; Pour the melted chocolate into the resealable bag. Bring it out from the small glass cup and twist the resealable bag as if you are tying a rope.
STEP 6; Use a scissors to cup open the tip bottom of the twisted resealable bag. Gently press the melted chocolate unto the drawn circle in a circular motion with the lollipop stick on the baking paper.
STEP 7; Feel free to decorate your chocolate lollipop with other baking ingredients. Place them in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes.
STEP 8; After 30 minutes, bring out the chocolate lollipops, you can add or stick together the remaining circular chocolate on the baking paper to the chocolate lollipops so both sides are well occupied as a chocolate lollipop.